Strawberries and Cream Cupcake Recipe
May was the National Month of Strawberries and to celebrate we are bringing you another awesomely tasty recipe from Britt our guest blogger from She Who Bakes. I know we’ve sneaked in to June now but there’s an abundance of Strawberries around at a great price at the moment so we thought it would be very fitting with the season! Also there’s just something about Strawberries that makes me think of summer and sitting in the garden soaking up the sunshine.
- 250g Stork baking block.
- 250g caster sugar.
- 250g self raising flour.
- 50g plain flour
- 3 large free range eggs
- A jar of strawberry jam.
- A couple of drops of Beau Strawberry Flavour
Preparation Time:- 20 minutes
Cooking Time:- 25 minutes
1. Cream together the softened baking block and caster sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time. Then add in your flour, both Self Raising and plain. Then add in flavouring if you are using it.
2. Pipe your batter into your cups about 1/3 full.
3. Then a teaspoon of strawberry jam.
4. Then top the layer of jam with more batter so the cases are now ¾ full.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and springy.
And that’s it, add a buttercream or fresh cream top to your cuppies to finish this gorgeous recipe off and remember you can use your Beau flavouring in sugarpaste and frosting too if you want to give that a go for an extra strawberry finish!
Thanks Britt for sharing yet another wonderful recipe! If you haven’t already, pop by Britt’s website ‘She Who Bakes’ for more delicious recipes and interesting articles.