Chocolate Giant Cupcake Recipe with Examples
This has been the most popular recipe for flavour, texture and simplicity. It has been said by our fans, that it is a complete ‘Fail Safe Recipe’. The only remark that we have heard is:
“the recipe is a little on the large side not by much I may add, but enough to get yourself some yummy cut-off’s!”
That’s a bonus though, right?!
OK, so a big thanks to ‘The Pink Whisk’ for taking the time to create this recipe.
- 225g butter, softened
- 410g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, large
- 90g self-raising flour
- 280g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 90g cocoa powder
- 300ml milk
- 45ml (3 tbsps) vinegar (malt or white wine vinegar is fine)
For the full method pop over to The Pink Whisks Blog (This opens in a separate window)
So now you know what you need and exactly how to execute your plan!
Next up is how to decorate it. There’s loads of fabulous ways to decorate your cake. Some of our customers have been sharing their Giant Cupcakes using our cake supplies. I hope they inspire you as much as they inspired me!
- First up is Lisa Warrant’s, pretty pink giant cupcake. I love how delicate it is. Lisa has used a ‘Candy Melt Shell’ base on this one and FMM Block Alphabet Cutters for a neat inscription to finish the cake off perfectly.
2. Elena at Heart and Home Cupcakes shared this cute Giant Cupcake with us! Thanks so much for using our Katy Sue lettering to create the fun bubble writing! Elena used our Sugarflair Red Extra to colour the buttercream in red. Achieving red buttercream is a tough task so this is definitely a top tip for any cake decorators out there.
3. Now doesn’t this one make your mouth water!? Why not trying a yummy chocolate finish to your Chocolate Giant Cupcake Recipe. Thanks to Lyndsey’s Cakes for sharing this one with us.
4. Who needs a better reason to bake than a great cause like Pudsey! The lovely Jackie ‘The Baking Nana’ has made this fantastic Giant Cupcake with normal sized cupcakes to accompany it. Brilliant!
5. Make it floral and fancy like Daisychain’s Cakes has here. I love this Giant Cupcake, the sugar flowers give it a very elegant finish.
6. Beautiful butterflies by our lovely customer Debbie Windsor. Try using sugarpaste instead of buttercream for the top to create a different effect altogether. You can create this effect by using Groovy Windsor Clikstix for the lettering and PME Butterfly Plungers to create your butterflies! Beautiful!
7. Last but not least is this little guy! You can’t not have a Minion Giant Cupcake Cake in the examples.. This awesome cake was made by Paula Barnaby who loved using our Sugarflair Food Colours to create it! Paula made it for her son and we are so pleased she shared it with us on the Facebook Page.
To see all our Giant Cupcake Shares from our share day please check out >This Post< on Facebook.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and admire these wonderful cakes!